Friday, January 13, 2012

Project Run & Play-Boys Week

This will be the second season that I follow at Project Run & Play. I got so excited about the sew along that I planned out what I would do for all of the different themes. I loved the Remix June-Bug Dress, but time just seemed to escape me. So here I am, mother of 2 GIRLS, creating a little something for BOYS WEEK.

When I think boys, I think Star Wars. Maybe it is because my husband, all his friends, and all their sons love Star Wars. So I made a Star Wars Shirt. I still pretty new at sewing, so trusting in my ability to get a shirt made by me was a little unrealistic, so I bought a shirt at Wal-Mart and focused on creating my Lego Star Wars appliques.



I drew a sketch of what my characters should roughly look like on paper, then I created and cut out templates to use on felt. I then applied the felt to my shirt with fabric glue. To add another dimension, and because boys are just hard on clothing, I sewed each piece as well. Finally I create a paper stencil for the wording. Painting words is way harder than it looks. I went over each letter with a fabric pen so you could read it.

While the Yoda and Darth turned out great, the words were my down fall (not as cool as I had imagined it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment