Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Falling for Fall

I love Fall.

Growing up in California, I never really got to experience a real Fall. Califonia Fall is always cool crisp mornings, followed by warm sunny afternoons with occasional showers. Being surrounded by a multitude of evergreen trees, the changing colors never dominated the scene. I didn't truly fall for Fall untill I spent my college years in the quaint little town of Fulton, Missouri. The rolling hills of the country side being blanketed by greens, browns, and oranges were a midwest comfort that this coastal girl embraced.




Last year I found this multicolored yarn which I had a major failure with. I tried to make a beanie that looked more like a really sad nome hat. So I hid the yarn and completely forgot I had it. Determined to try again to make something darling for My Girl, I pulled it from the bottom of the pile of yarn, along with a gorgeous forrest green. I tried my hardest to write the pattern out, but I kept having to start over to get the sizing right.

Oh Fall, if only you could blaze across the Nor Cal scenery, but alas I will be will just have to settle for my ever green scenery.


No comments:

Post a Comment