Friday, April 22, 2011

Recreating a bOLD NEW Necklace

I was browsing youtube last night, when I ran across an old video by Bobbie Thomas on the Today Show.  She was recreating runway pieces that actually are really beautiful in regular life. Bobbie demonstrates how to make really fun bold necklaces by reusing several pieces from your own collection or by making inexpensive purchases at  H&M or Forever XXI. 

I decided to try my hand it. I went through my jewelry box and found three pieces I hadn't worn in a while.I used a faux pearl choker, a silver/white/glass single strand necklace, and a layered teal, white and brown ball and rhinestone necklace.  I intertwined them then used a green ribbon (it was the only one I had on hand, but  I am going to switch it out for a sheer white one later. I really did use what I had lying around the house. lol) It took me a couple of tries to discover what I think worked best, and the final outcome is rather lovely. Wouldn't you agree? I am going to wear it for Easter with a skirt I made.


 If you want a really great tutorial on how to do this, check out the youtube video:  http://youtu.be/YSFHkJXUZC0

Being Creative,
SnP

No comments:

Post a Comment